Monday, November 2, 2015

Showit United 2015 Photography Conference Scottsdale & Sedona, AZ Vacation {San Diego Wedding Photographer}

Every year for the past 3 years, I have gone to the +SHOWIT United 2015 photography conference. The first two years it was in Santa Barbara in February, but this year it moved to Scottsdale in October. Every year, since October is my birthday month, I try to take a week off and go on vacation somewhere new. Well, this year it looked like my vacation would be in Arizona ! Initially I was irritated, but as the time drew closer, I started getting excited for the conference and to see my photographer friends from all over the country again.

I roadtripped it out to Scottsdale on Saturday. Driving 6 hours alone is rough if you rarely do it ! I was jamming out to T-Swift and the Biebs in the car but by the time I hit Yuma, after 3 hours, it was time to get some lunch, stretch my legs and wake up before I crashed my car ! 
I made it to Scottsdale and checked into my hotel Saturday afternoon and looked forward to the following day when all the festivities were to begin ! 

After a quick lunch on Sunday with some new and some familiar faces, it was time to head over to the +FireSky Resort & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel for the first of the styled shoots. I signed up for Fine Art Bride & Groom with the awesome Karie Denny from +Ace & Whim. About 25 of us piled onto a limo bus and headed for +Tremaine Ranch in Chandler, AZ. We photographed a beautiful tablescape styled by Sage & Stem with florals by +Sara Severance at Ivy & Aster. Our gorgeous bride and groom were a newly married couple with the "bride"s gown provided by Bella Lilly Bridal with hair and makeup by +Kiana Waltz
We got about an hour to shoot before the heavens opened and all the thunder and lightning that had been threatening us all afternoon became huge drops of rain. I do miss a good thunderstorm.






 



  

 

 
    
  






  
 



  
 






That evening was registration, vendor market and welcome drinks. I decided to head back to my hotel because I knew I had a big day ahead of me the next day ! 

On Monday, it was great to catch up with some familiar faces. I went to breakout sessions with +Carrie Swails about blogging and +Benjamin Turner about website SEO. Both of them were very informative and I've got some work to do on the blog and website for sure! That night was the highly anticipated gala, so I hit the local +Primp and Blow to get my hair did ! They handed out some awards to Showiteers and we had a nice dinner and got to Ooh and Aah over each other's pretty dresses ! 







No comments:

Post a Comment